Monday, November 05, 2007

Speaking at GDC

In news that I'm sure will be completely unsurprising to any who read this blog, I'll be holding a roundtable entitled Breaking In to Academia. Session info is here.

This is a huge honor for me. Five years ago, if you'd asked me how I would know when I finally "made it" in the industry, I'd have said "when I'm a speaker at GDC." Ironically, I get my 15 minutes of fame after I stop working full-time in the industry (arguably, I get my 15 minutes because I left the industry). Life is strange that way, sometimes.

Anyway, I hope I'll get to see at least a few of you there.

2 comments:

Darius Kazemi said...

Awesome.

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I'm still trying to determine if I want to get out of Kansas to go over to the GDC this year. Graduation is coming soon! *bites nails*